V-92 Captain Navy UV Bonded Polyester Thread 4 oz. (1,350 yds.)
SKU: 106394
$17.95/EA
83 Available

Description

This is a high performance, twisted multifilament polyester outdoor thread that is perfect for sail and canvaswork. Sunstop® polyester thread has advanced UV protection that is specially designed for outdoor applications where seam strength and fade prevention are required. Sunstop Thread also features a non-wicking finish that helps to reduce moisture coming through seams. This polyester thread very seldom frays at the needle eye, and the consistent bonded finish minimizes the need for continual machine tension adjustments. Perfect for use on sails, tents, boat covers, awnings, outdoor canvas covers and tarps.

Use this V-92 thread with a #18 or #20 needle on 6–10-ounce fabrics (including all Sunbrella® fabrics). We recommend a #20 needle when sewing with the Sailrite® Ultrafeed® Sewing Machine.

Sailmaker's thread should pull up off the top of the cone for a smoother feed to the sewing machine and to add an extra twist in the thread. The extra twist increases thread strength, helps keep the thread from unlaying, and eases tension problems.

Please Note: Thread color looks much darker on the cone, but once sewn the color blends to an almost perfect color match. The color is designed to change after the bonded coating passes through a sewing machine.

Features:

• Improved resistance to strength loss from UV exposure over standard polyester filament thread
  • Good seam strength
  • UV resistant
  • Non-wick treatment to limit moisture migration
  • Consistent diameter and excellent ply

Specifications

Sale Unit: EA
Color: Navy
Brand: A&E Sunstop
Size: V-92 / Tex 90 / Gov. F
Breaking Strength: 14.2 pounds
Cone Size: 4 ounces
Yards per Cone: 1,350 yards

At a Glance

Thread Use: Outdoor

Reviews

Overall Rating : 4.9 10 Reviews

0 Reviews
0 Reviews
0 Reviews
Page 1 of 1
Cheryl Lincoln
11/19/2021
Verified Purchase

I always want to have a variety of the basic colors of quality thread on hand. I can always count on quality products from Sailrite! I just wish they would offer free shipping at times.

J
3/19/2021
Verified Purchase

great

Linda Shaw
3/9/2021
Verified Purchase

Good product

Good product

Linda Coffey
6/15/2020
Verified Purchase

great thread worked on my home Singer Merritt with the correct needle size

Cloey
4/30/2020
Verified Purchase

Exactly what I expected, a excellent product to repair my Bimini and customize my boat cover.

Russell Grothus
3/29/2020
Verified Purchase

Thread

Great color. Works great.

Michael Habersack
3/8/2020
Verified Purchase

Great item.

Paul DiMarco
7/4/2017

Perfect match for my project

I ordered this thread for a cockpit cover project (using Surlast dark blue material). The thread was a dye-lot match, and ran beautifully through my LSZ-1 using a #18 needle. The project was a success!

JPW
1/23/2017

Satisfied Customer... Again!

wasn't sure what to order online, called customer service and Dawn took care of things! Very professional, helpful, and efficient - Can't say enough great things about Sailrite!

morganne
11/23/2016

Thread

It is the perfect thread for the project I am doing.

Page 1 of 1

HAVE A QUESTION OR NEED TO PLACE AN ORDER?

We're located in Indiana and would be happy to answer your calls Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm EST.

LOCAL: (260) 244-4647 | TOLL FREE: (800) 348-2769