Installing Luxury Woven Vinyl Flooring as a Golf Cart Floor Mat
The floor of your golf cart often faces the brunt of daily wear and tear, and can soon be in need of some sprucing up. For this tutorial video, we will show how to replace your golf cart's simple black rubber floor mat with a gorgeous and stylish woven outdoor vinyl flooring that includes padding on the underside. Sailrite stocks many different styles and colors of woven vinyl flooring to choose from. You can easily transform your golf cart simply by replacing the floor mat, and we will show you how simple it is!
As part of our Golf Cart Remodel series, this flooring is the finishing touch to our reupholstered golf cart. To replace the flooring on our golf cart, we’ve selected Infinity Luxury Woven Vinyl™ Flooring in the color dark Teak (#120219). Since this fabric is very wide (8 feet, 6 inches), usually one yard is enough to cover your entire golf cart flooring. This product is a performance-grade flooring made of a 100 percent woven vinyl top with a frothed vinyl backing that completely resists the absorption of water.
In addition to being completely resistant to moisture, Infinity Luxury Woven Vinyl Flooring boasts incredible mold, mildew, fade, stain and flame resistance. This makes it easy to clean and a low-maintenance flooring for your golf cart. It’s backed by a 10-year UV Fade Warranty to guarantee it lasts even in the toughest environments. Sailrite carries a number of vinyl flooring colors, styles and brands, so the choice is yours when it comes to bringing functional style to your golf cart.
With the help of a partner, we’ll be removing the black floor mat and using it as a pattern on our Infinity Luxury Woven Vinyl Flooring. You can either use snaps to secure your new flooring or glue it down, and we’ll be illustrating how to complete both in this tutorial. The front portion of our flooring will be secured using Foam Lock Spray Adhesive (#120464) and we will also utilize YKK® SNAD® Clear 25mm Adhesive Backed Flexible Studs (#104451) to place our vinyl flooring in the area where the golf bag rests as to not damage the fiberglass floor. The end result is a stylish, uniform look on the entirety of your golf cart!
Replacing the flooring on your golf cart is a straightforward way to add a custom, professional addition to your vehicle. We’d be happy to see your finished photos in the comments!
- Patterning Luxury Woven Flooring - 0:50 min
- Gluing Flooring - 3:18 min
- Using Snaps - 7:25 min
- Materials List - 12:54 min
- Infinity Luxury Woven Vinyl™ Flooring - we used Dark Teak - Item #120219
- Foam Lock Spray Adhesive 12oz - Item #120464
- 3M™ Adhesive Cleaner 32oz (Quart) - Item #108984
- YKK® SNAD® Clear 25mm Adhesive Backed Flexible Base Stud - Item #104451
- DOT® Snap Fastener Normal Action Socket - Item #333050
- SnapRite® Snap Fastener Button Silver 11/64" Barrel - Item #104151
- Gingher® 8" Scissors Right Handed - Item #19104
- Self Healing Rotary Cutting Mat 24" x 36" - Item #120257
- Seamstick 3/8" Basting Tape for Canvas - Item #129
- Dura Skrim® Patterning Material 74" - Item #103134
- Marking Chalk for Fabrics - Item #102464
- Sailrite® SnapRite® System (4 Dies and 100 Mandrels) - Item #104237
- Sailrite® Cutting Block and Die Holder - Item #121597
- Box Cutter, Pen, Straight Edge, Rag