When installing continuous support tape it is often also necessary to shorten the luff of the sail. The drum and swivel of most furling units reduce the usable maximum sail hoist. Instructions for shortening the luff come with this luff tape conversion kit.
To order the appropriate kit, measure the sail’s luff. This kit fits luffs from 15-21 feet.
Kits come standard with #6 continuous support tape. Call or chat to request a different tape size.
Luff Tape Conversion Kit 15’ – 21’ Includes:
- V-92 White UV Polyester Thread
- Seamstick 1/4″ Basting Tape
- 2 Round Stainless Steel 1-1/4″ Rings
- 1 Waxed Bobbin 5-Ply Twine
- #16 Hand Sewing Needle
- 21 ft. Continuous Support Tape #6
- 9 ft. White Polyester 1″ Tubular Webbing
- 3 ft. Folded White 5 oz. Dacron Tape 3″
- 1 ft. Blue 1″ Draft Tape
- Sacrificial Sail Suncover & Luff Tape Conversion Kit Instructions