Sew it yourself! Luff Tape Conversion Kit 57’ – 63’ has everything needed to prepare a sail for a reefing or furling unit. Modern reefing/furling units are very efficient and convenient additions for sail use. Most units require the sail to have a continuous support tape along the leading edge to slide into a groove in the furler. This Luff Tape Conversion kit has all the supplies needed to remove the old grommets and luff and add a continuous support tape.
When installing continuous support tape it is often also necessary to shorten the luff of the sail. The drum and swivel of most furling units reduce the usable maximum sail hoist. Instructions for shortening the luff come with this luff tape conversion kit.
To order the appropriate kit, measure the sail’s luff. This kit fits luffs from 57-63 feet.
Kits come standard with #6 continuous support tape. Call or chat to request a different tape size.
Luff Tape Conversion Kit 57’ – 63’ Includes:
- 63 ft. Continuous Support Tape #6
- V-92 White UV Polyester Thread
- Seamstick 1/4″ Basting Tape
- 2 Round Stainless Steel 1-1/4″ Rings
- 1 Waxed Bobbin 5-Ply Twine
- #16 Hand Sewing Needle
- 9 ft. White Polyester 1″ Tubular Webbing 2700#
- 4 ft. Folded White 5 oz. Dacron Tape 3″
- 1″ Draft Tape
- Sacrificial Sail Suncover & Luff Tape Conversion Kit Instructions