V-69 White UV Bonded Polyester Thread 4 oz. (1,350 yds.)

6 Reviews
SKU: 20235
$14.95

Details

Details

This is a high performance, twisted multifilament polyester outdoor thread that is perfect for sail and canvaswork. Sunstop® polyester thread has advanced UV protection that is specially designed for outdoor applications where seam strength and fade prevention are required. Sunstop Thread also features a non-wicking finish that helps to reduce moisture coming through seams. This polyester thread very seldom frays at the needle eye, and the consistent bonded finish minimizes the need for continual machine tension adjustments. Use this V-69 thread with a #16 or #18 needle. Perfect for use on sails, tents, boat covers, awnings, outdoor canvas covers and tarps.

Sailmaker's thread should pull up off the top of the cone for a smoother feed to the sewing machine and to add an extra twist in the thread. The extra twist increases thread strength, helps keep the thread from unlaying, and eases tension problems.

Ratings & Reviews

6 reviews

• 3 stars
  • 0 reviews
  • 2 stars
  • 0 reviews
  • 1 star
  • 0 reviews

Great for home sewing machines

by -

This thread works great on my home sewing machine.

My Go-To General Purpose Thread

by

This is my go-to thread for general purpose machine sewing with my 1950's Singer machine. I have experienced it to be strong and flexible with only a minor propensity for dusting. I handle the 4 oz. cones with a home-made holder that has served me well to date. They contain enough thread to provide at least a year's worth of general repair and project sewing for me.

thread

by -

Fast delivery and a quality product.

Great thread for sewing nylon.

by -

Great all purpose thread. Used this for sewing a nylon sailbag. Perfect, fed through machines very easily.

Strong and sews easily

by -

What does one say about thread? It's thread, made for sunbrella fabric, is strong, sews easily on the ultra feed machine and holds up well.

V69 needs a #18 needle, and a Singer Model 4423

by -

V69 thread is Very Strong, but rather stiff. A bit of overkill for my prototype sail project. Wouldn't work in an old Singer, but with a new one (#18 needle +Singer Model 4423, $130), c'est voila!