DIY Ultrafeed Dust Cover Kit
Your sewing machine was an investment. Keep it protected with a durable sewing machine dust cover. Our Ultrafeed® Dust Cover Kit is made with high-quality DuraWax™ Waxed Canvas fabric to keep your Ultrafeed® or Leatherwork® Sewing Machine protected from dust and debris when not in use. Our video tutorial will teach you how to assemble and sew the kit. Let’s get into it!
This dust cover DIY is especially useful for Ultrafeed owners who use the sewing machine in the Industrial Table, Compact Table or Collapsible Table. The lid of the portable Ultrafeed case does not easily fit over the machine when mounted in those tables. So if you keep your Ultrafeed in a stationary table most of the time, you need this kit!
The Ultrafeed Dust Cover Kit comes with DuraWax Waxed Canvas, a pre-plotted pattern template, thread and a Sailrite tag. DuraWax is a rugged and durable waxed canvas cotton duck fabric. It has great stability so it will keep its shape and not collapse when you cover your machine. The pattern template is reusable, so you can make as many sewing machine covers as you like! A pocket on the front of the cover is the perfect place to keep your Ultrafeed guidebook close at hand.
If you’re a beginner sewer or need to brush up on your skills, this is a great skill-building project. You’ll learn a variety of important sewing skills that you’ll be able to apply to future projects. Here are just a few of the skills you'll learn while making this sewing machine cover:
- How to create hem and seam lines on waxed canvas.
- How to remove wrinkles, presser foot tracks and other marks from waxed canvas.
- How to remove extra bulk from a double hem corner.
- How to use a hembob.
- How to sew a curved fabric panel flush with the straight edge of another fabric panel.
Watch the video below to learn how to make a sewing machine dust cover.
- Sailrite® Ultrafeed® Dust Cover Kit in color of choice (#124733 Blue, #124736 Sage, #124735 Red)
- Super 88 Spray Adhesive 13 oz. (#123287) or 3M™ Super 77™ Spray Adhesive Low VOC 18 oz. (#636100)
- Professional Stainless Steel 10" Scissors (#123615)
- Clear Acrylic Ruler 6" x 24" (#102400)
- Scratch Awl Yellow (#235411)
- Sailrite® Ultrafeed® LSZ Walking Foot Sewing Machine (100-230V) (#300600)
- Sailrite® Ultrafeed® Industrial Sewing Table (#120934)
- Basic Thread Snips (#123222)
- Speed Reduction Upgrade With Manual Operation for Ultrafeed® LS & LSZ (#123372)
- Deluxe 5-1/2" Magnetic Sewing Guide (#103597)
We hope you enjoyed this dust cover tutorial video. What other projects would you like to see us make for your Sailrite sewing machine? Leave your ideas and suggestions in the comments section below!