You may also like
The Sailrite® Edge Hotknife (220–240V/50 Hz) is designed to separate and cut lengths of synthetic fabric, rope and webbing (i.e. acrylic, nylon, polyester, etc.) that would unravel when cut with scissors. The hot cutting blade cuts quickly and precisely and provides a clean, sealed edge. The Sailrite Edge is trigger-operated and heats up in 4-6 seconds. A great tool for cruisers, the Edge Hotknife has a maximum power draw of 60 watts and will easily run off of an inverter. Always cut on an insulated cutting surface like glass, mirror or Formica for a cleaner cut or use with the cutting foot. The Tempered Cutting Glass for Hotknife (#121915) is the perfect companion for the Edge Hotknife. This hotknife features a 2-pin European plug.
The Sailrite Difference
There are a lot of look-alike corded hotknives on the market today. Here’s why Sailrite’s hotknife is the only one you should choose:
- The metal screw bridge, where the blade attaches to the handle, is thicker on our hotknife. We made this change because it was easy to strip the screws on the thinner screw bridge — and then the whole tool was shot.
- Our hotknife has a longer cord, so you aren’t forced to use an extension cord.
- We’ve greatly improved the cord connection point — it won’t disconnect and require repair.
- The internal electronics of our hotknife are much safer. You can leave a Sailrite hotknife plugged in or operate it without worrying about injury or damage.
- If our hotknife fails, the warranty actually takes care of it. We support what we sell here at Sailrite.
- You get clear instructions and use videos straight from us.
Sailrite Edge Hotknife Package Includes:
- Sailrite Edge Hotknife Body
- R Blade
- Cutting Foot
- Plastic Carrying Case
- Wire Brush
- Hex Key
|Heat Time:||4-6 seconds|
|Max. Temperature:||752 degrees Fahrenheit (400°C)|
|Weight:||2.09 lbs. (950 g)|
|Maximum Power:||60 W|
|Power Cord Length:||9.5' (2.9 m)|
Sailrite Edge Hotknife Package Demo
What Can You Cut with a Hotknife?
How to Change the Edge Hotknife Cutting Blade
How to Install the Edge Hotknife Cutting Foot
Very efficient and practical to cut neatly sunbrella type of material, or PVC coated material either. Works fine with rope.
no picture to share
The hotknife works really well, cuts the upholstery fabric like butta! made my job of new curtains for a sail boat so much easier!
Excelente Herramienta, muy practica, eficiente y económica
Works very good and easy to use
Just what we needed.
I have been looking for a heavy duty unit for some time and this one fits the bill. We needed a 220v option aboard and am thankful that it is available.
as I expected
Works great just need to be careful not to overheat.
Works very well. An helpful purchase for my projects
totally professional tool. 240V version - Surprisingly well finished in nice box. Tks vm.