Ultraleather® Fabric is a popular animal-friendly, PVC-free leather alternative that sets new standards for aesthetics, performance, convenience and luxury. With the look and feel of the finest European calfskin, Ultraleather boasts a rich texture, extremely supple hand and incredible durability. Designed for longevity, this beautiful fabric tailors easily, cleans effortlessly and maintains a subtle grain texture similar to the surface of genuine leather.
Ultraleather features climate control technology that is proven to be more resistant to temperature changes than vinyl and genuine leather. Ultraleather Fabric stays cool in warmer weather and resists cold weather stiffening and cracking: resulting in a fabric that stays soft and comfortable in any and all types of climates and temperatures. Experience better performance than any other animal product with superior strength, durability and excellent colorfastness.
Ultraleather Fabric is ideal for virtually all upholstery projects including automobile seats, yacht interiors and more. It's easy to clean, easy to sew and extremely durable making it the perfect upholstery fabric. This fabric is intended for indoor use only.
This fabric may not be returned.
Tips for Sewing Ultraleather:
- Ultraleather is a very slippery and stretchy fabric. When sewing panels together, the bottom layer will feed faster than the top (in most cases) even if you use a walking foot sewing machine. We recommend using Seamstick 1/4" Basting Tape for Canvas & Upholstery (#104167) to baste seams together prior to sewing. If sewing a cushion, be sure the double sided tape is far away from the first stitch so it does not show up when the cushion is complete and turned right side out. If you don't want to use basting tape, use Wonder Clips (#121876) and add match-up marks along the two panels every 12 to 18 inches to ensure that you sew panels together without stretching one more than the other while sewing.
- You do not need a specialty needle for Ultraleather. A standard size #16 Round Point (Sharp) needle works great.
- You should use nylon upholstery thread in a size V-69 or smaller. Since the fabric stretches so much, the nylon thread will give and take (stretch and go back to shape) when an occupant sits on the cushion or upholstered piece. A polyester thread will not stretch enough. This should help prolong your fabric's life at the seams.
- We recommend a 4mm to 5mm stitch length when sewing Ultraleather.
- The upper tension should be reduced as much as possible. It is wise to see a little bit of the thread knot on the bottom side of the fabric. This will almost eliminate wrinkles and puckers that naturally happen when sewing a seam.
|Sale Unit:||Sold per linear yard|
|Fabric Content:||100% Polyurethane (Surface); 100% Rayon (Backing)|
|Fabric Design:||Faux Leather, Solid & Variegated|
|Popular Collection:||Ultraleather Original|
|Weight:||9.7 ounces per square yard|
|Wear Rating:||400,000 Double Rubs (Cotton Test)|
|Care & Cleaning:||See Documents for Full Instructions|
|Special Features:||Easy to Clean, Flame Retardant, Highly Abrasion Resistant, UV Resistant, Water Resistant|
|Certifications:||ASTM E84 (Adhered) - Class A, CA AB 2998, CA TB 117-2013, FWVSS 302 & 95/28 Annex IV, Indoor Air Quality SCS-EC10.3-2014 v4.0, NFPA 260 - Class 1, UFAC - Class 1|
|Roll Size:||33 Yards|
|Indoor:||Commercial/Hospitality Seating, Décor & Upholstery|
|Marine:||Interior Cushions, Interior Upholstery|
|RV & Auto:||Auto Upholstery, RV Cushions, RV Upholstery|