You may also like
Sew your own duffle bag!
This duffle bag is large and roomy enough to fit several sets of clothing and toiletries for a weekend cruise! The kit includes everything you need to sew your own duffle bag and is a great beginner project. Featuring a zipper closure and outside storage pocket, the bag has two short handles and a longer adjustable strap so you can either carry it by hand or sling it over your shoulder for hands-free convenience. Bag features sturdy D-rings and clips for lashing the duffle to the cockpit and connecting keys, whistles and more. Made with your choice of 4 Top Notch® 9 colors, this tote will be your go-to weekender bag for years to come.
Here are just a few of the skills you'll learn while making this duffle bag:
- How to create bag pockets.
- How to sew zippers.
- How to install zipper sliders onto a zipper chain.
- How to sew corners and reinforce stitches.
- How to measure and mark fabric for adding pockets and handles to bag body.
- How to sew webbing, install buckle hardware and more.
Finished Measurements: 12"H x 12"W x 20"L
Please Note: There are no written instructions for this kit. We have made a detailed how-to instructional video, found below, on how to sew and assemble the Duffle Bag Kit.
Duffle Bag Kit Includes:
- 1 yd. Top Notch 9 fabric
- 1 pk. hembob Tex 70 Black UV Polyester Thread
- 17 ft. Black 2" Polypropylene Webbing
- 2 ft. Foam Luff Tape 12"
- 3 ft. Black YKK® Continuous Zipper Chain #10
- 2 Black YKK® Zipper Slider #10 VISLON®
- 1 pk. YKK® Snap Hook Swivel & Rotate 2"
- 1 pk. YKK® Tri-Bar Adjustable Webbing Slider 2"
- 1 pk. Black D-Ring Sewable Nylon 1"
- Seamstick 3/8" Basting Tape for Canvas
- 1 pk. Sailrite® Woven Sew In Tags
Also Required (Sold Separately):
- Sewing Machine
How to Make a Duffle Bag - DIY
Purchase a Duffle Bag kit from Sailrite and watch this video to complete a versatile and attractive duffle bag that you will love. This is a great kit for new sewers and owners of Sailrite sewing machines. You will put into practice and learn many of the skills that are typically required for upholstery and canvas applications. Not only will you learn a lot, but you will be left with a great looking duffle bag!