Sew it yourself! Biscayne Bay 14 Main Sail Kit lets you make your own mainsail. This crosscut kit is made from 5.4 oz. white Dacron® using the designer's plans and includes two rows of reef points, three leech battens, leechline and boltrope and grommets on both the luff and foot. Computer plotted with seaming and hem lines plotted right on the cloth, this sail kit can be made on a home sewing machine. All panels and patches are computer cut and ready for basting and sewing. Complete instructions and support from Sailrite means there is no guess work!
A #1 spur die set is required to set grommets. All other supplies to build your sail are included; all you need are scissors and a sewing machine!
Each Sail Kit comes with complete written instructions.
- 5.4oz White Dacron® Sailcloth, patterned and pre-cut
- White V-69 Polyester Thread
- Seamstick Basting Tape
- #16 Hand Sewing Needle
- 5-ply Waxed Twine Bobbin (for hand sewing)
- Folded Dacron® 4-inch Tape (Non-adhesive backed)
- Folded Dacron® 2-inch Tape (Non-adhesive backed)
- 5/64 inch leechline
- Gransegel cleats
- White Classic 3-Strand Polyester Rope
- #1 Spur Grommets
- Snap fastener installation tool
- Jiffy grommets with rivets
- Battens with End Caps
- Headboard with Rivets
- 1-inch White Elastic
- Adhesive Sailrite Logo
|Luff:||18 feet, 2 inches|
|Leech:||19 feet, 7 inches|
|Area:||115 sq. ft.|